Called in 2001 and served as clerk to Lord Justice Igor Judge before undertaking pupillage at 3 Temple Gardens. An experienced practitioner in criminal law for both Prosecution and Defence having practised at the independent Bar and worked in-house. Served in the British Army and experienced in Courts Martial.
Notable cases include :
Offences against the person
- R v CD 2013 CCC – junior in Murder case. After a psychiatric assessment ruled Defendant was ‘fit to plead’ , appeared alone for sentence
- R v AH 2013 Wood Green CC – acquittal in large scale conspiracy to commit cash in transit robberies, case involved complex cell site analysis
- R v IS 2012 Reading Crown Court – junior Counsel defending in manslaughter and death by dangerous driving case, the first 'cash for crash’ scheme to cause death of driver
- R v DH 2011 Isleworth CC - instructed alone in attempted murder, successful application to dismiss
- R v TK 2007 CCC - junior, attempted murder and murder of defendant’s ex-wife and her new partner. Witnessed by defendant’s very young son. All witnesses and defendant’s evidence given through interpreters.
Rape & serious sexual offences:
- R v DP 2017 Birmingham CC – acquittal of defendant accused of a 3 year campaign of raping and abusing his girlfriend aged between 16 to 19 years old.
- R v MP 2017 Birmingham CC - successful application for a Mental Health Act disposal following guilty pleas to rape and sexual assault of step-sister ; the defendant was profoundly deaf and there were fitness to plead issues
- R v MT 2017 Wolverhampton CC – allegations by two complainants of historic serious sexual offences committed by family friend – initial acquittal on first complainant and full acquittal of all counts after re-trial
- R v TG 2016 Leicester CC – acquittal of defendant accused of years of rapes and sexual and physical assaults upon his wife
- R v MK & Anor 2013 Croydon CC – acquittal of one of two men accused of raping and abducting a stranger from the street
- R v NH 2013 Snaresbrook CC – acquittal of defendant with learning difficulties accused of sexual activity with his 4 year old neighbour whilst babysitting
- R v WS & Anor 2013 St Albans CC – acquittal of defendant accused of gang rape of a waitress at a Christmas party
- R v PP 2012 Woolwich CC – acquittal of defendant accused of sexual activity against his daughter aged 4-6 years old
- R v LB 2011 Southend CC – acquittal after re-trial of 'stranger' rape
- R v DD-C 2010 Basildon CC – acquittal of defendant accused of sexually assaulting disabled 12 year old girl
- R v CM 2010 Reading CC – acquittal of a defendant accused of raping a young girl with learning difficulties – intermediary for complainant
- R v AF 2009 Reading CC – acquittal of rape where complainant claimed she was raped whilst highly intoxicated in a graveyard and incapable of giving consent
- R v TF 2009 Reading CC - convicted of serious sexual offences against foster parents pet dog. Secured a Community Order following psychiatric and psychological evidence
- R v DP 2008 Isleworth CC – acquittal of youth with learning difficulties accused of rape of his neighbour. Defendant gave evidence over video-link – first usage for a defendant in London.
Other cases involving violence, drugs, miscellaneous offences :
- R v JS 2018 Worcester CC – acquittal of a mother accused of a campaign of child cruelty and assaults against her daughter and neglect of her 2 siblings.
- R v DC 2018 Birmingham CC - represented a father for plea and sentence, charged with cruelty to his 11 day old baby son
- R v MJ & oths Worcester CC – representing a defendant for sentence in a large scale drugs conspiracy (cocaine)
- R v LP 2017 Birmingham CC – represented a defendant for plea and sentence for an extremely serious assault on a cancer patient in remission
- R v IW 2017 Stafford CC – acquittal of a serious allegation of grievous bodily harm by doorman on customer, despite evidence of 4 eye witnesses
- R v LB 2012 Snaresbrook CC – acquittal in large scale conspiracy to cultivate cannabis – ten defendants
- R v KS & oths 2011 Lewes CC – acquittal of defendant in a case involving kidnapping, false imprisonment and serious assault
- R v KK & oths 2009 Reading CC – successful submission of 'no case to answer' for an alleged get-away driver in a serious robbery and grievous bodily harm, all other defendants were convicted
- R V SN 2008 Oxford CC– acquittal of a defendant with mental health issues who had stockpiled bomb-making equipment and literature
- R v OK 2006 Isleworth CC– represented Britain’s most prolific bigamist for plea and sentence