Specialist criminal practitioner, instructed by both prosecution and defence in the full spectrum of serious criminal work at Crown Court and appellate level : murder, manslaughter, non-fatal violence and large-scale public disorder, drugs cases, rape and sexual offences (current and historic).
Has significant experience of cases involving the possession and use of firearms, cases involving covert police surveillance operations and / or public interest immunity issues, and confiscation proceedings under the various statutory regimes.
Grade 4 CPS prosecutor.
Recent instructions have included :
- junior for the Crown in a murder case where a disabled man was killed by his carer
- prosecuted 3 defendants charged in relation to importation of 90% pure cocaine from Panama with retail value of at least £2 million, and associated POCA hearings
- represented one of 3 men from Birmingham charged with conspiracy to murder a man in the south of England, alleged 'contract' killing (shooting) which failed
- represented a defendant charged with possession of a sawn-off shotgun (and ammunition) with intent to endanger life
- represented one of a number of defendants in a Midlands-wide drugs case said to involve Class A drugs worth several hundred thousand pounds
- a kidnapping and abduction case which involved the co-operation of a foreign law enforcement agency
- prosecuted a foster father for sexual assault on a 4 year old
- represented a defendant charged with rape, blackmail, drugs offences
- allegations of a Class A and B drugs factory in a house in Worcestershire
- ‘car-ringing’ case involving the importation of high value vehicles from Europe
Continuing professional development
Midland Circuit Advocacy teacher.