1991-1994, worked in the European Parliament in Brussels and Strasbourg, and for EC lawyers Van Bael & Bellis.
Specialist criminal advocate whose practice encompasses the full range of serious crime, instructed by both defence and prosecution at Crown Court and appellate level. Has particular expertise and experience in confiscation proceedings, mental health legislation, and matters involving the European Convention on Human Rights.
Recent instructions have included :
- the large scale importation and distribution of veterinary medicines
- the trial of three prison custody officers charged with gross negligence manslaughter following the suicide of an inmate
- cases of murder and manslaughter ; including acting as sole Counsel conducting the trial of a woman charged with murder
- gross negligence manslaughter by the driver of a minibus whose vehicle was struck by a train on a railway crossing, resulting in the death of several passengers
- armed robbery of a Post Office sorting office
- rape and historic sexual abuse, including rapes and serious sexual assaults by persons in positions of trust
- distribution of substantial quantities of indecent images of children
- large scale public violence
- nationwide advance fee frauds
- conspiracy to handle stolen, high value vehicles
- conspiracy to supply drugs
Direct Access Work
Accredited under the Direct Access procedure and in suitable cases is happy to accept instructions direct from members of the public. Please see the Direct Access section of the website for further details.
Continuing Professional Development
Serves on the Midland Circuit Education Committee. A former Junior of the Midland Circuit